I saw this a couple of days ago and thought it was so relevant to me. I love fabrics, the colours, the textures, the smell of the newness . I love fabric.
10 good reasons to buy fabric
1. It insulates the cupboard where it’s kept.
2. It keeps the economy moving. It’s my duty to support the cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.
3. It’s less expensive and a lot more fun than psychiatric care.
4. It keeps without refrigeration. You don’t have to cook it to enjoy it, you don’t need to feed it, change it, wipe it’s nose or walk it.
5. Like dust it’s good protection of previously empty spaces in the home, ironing board, laundry basket, dining room table etc.
6. It’s not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and gives a good feeling.
7. It’s a contest, the one who dies with the most fabric wins.
8. Because it’s on sale.
9. Because I’m worth it.
10. I need to buy it now before the hubby retires and starts joining me on my shopping jaunts.
Author, Neil Laird.
Do other people feel the same ‘need’ to purchase fabric? Are you able to justify the huge piles stored around your house?